After this study unit the students are able to:
- Understand the concepts of inferential statistics.
- Apply various parametric and non-parametric statistical tests and interpret their results to evaluate their prototypes.
- Employ qualitative research methods to understand phenomena of interest.
- Analyze the outcomes of interviews.
- Conduct ANOVA and interpret its results.
- Conduct regression analysis and interpret its results.
The students are introduced to inferential statistics including concepts such as p-values, confidence intervals, type I and II errors, and statistical power, which build the fundamentals for various statistical analyses. They learn to use various parametric and non-parametric statistical tests that are useful for evaluating their prototypes. They gain proficiency in techniques such as qualitative content analysis, analysis of variance, and regression analysis. |
In order to engage in hands-on practice of the demonstrated methods, students use software programs like SPSS to solve the assignments that accompany these methods.
Manual enrollment via Osiris is only for Creative Technology students. If you want to enroll, please contact K. Zalewska (firstname.lastname@example.org).