Learning Objectives Modelling and Programming 2|
After the course, the student will be able to:
- write functions with multiple inputs and outputs.
- use MATLAB built-in functions for plotting 3D data.
- define and use structure variables.
- draw Sankey and Grassmann diagrams using MATLAB.
- use the debugging mode to debug scripts and functions
- solve thermodynamic problems and draw thermodynamic diagrams using XSteam
This is a part of module 2, ME 2 Energy and Materials of the Bachelor Mechanical Engineering.. See here for the compete description of the module.|
Content Modelling and Programming 2
In this part of the Modelling and Programming line, writing functions, using structures and plotting 3D data is discussed. Also, practicing to debug errors in the code will be covered. The course has a link with the Thermodynamics course, and therefore the package XSteam will be introduced, which can be used to solve thermodynamic problems. MATLAB will also be used to draw flow diagrams (Sankey and Grassmann) that are needed in the project Analysis of an Energy System
Non-ME students can take this course if they meet the entry requirements.