Spatial Planning for Governance (SPG)|
After the course the student is be able to use spatial concepts, instruments and measures in a given spatial planning situation;
- Theory and context
- Describe the evolution of spatial planning theory and practice and how these relate to notions of sustainable development and resilience.
- Explain the political, legal and institutional context of a spatial planning situation.
- Analysis of a planning situation
- Analyse a given spatial planning problem/situation, identifying key stakeholders and their interests.
- Describe the trade-offs between competing interests in a given spatial planning situation.
- Advise on a planning situation
- Develop and present a concept plan for addressing a given spatial planning situation.
- Recommend evaluation and future needs
- Elaborate on ways to measures to guide, monitor and evaluate the realization of spatial plans.
- Discuss how spatial analysis can assist in anticipating future needs and emerging issues in society.