Concerning Software Design, after successfully finishing this module a student is capable of:
- Specifying an existing software system or a software system under design by using UML models, with the help of software tools that are suitable for this purpose.
- Analysing relations among entities within a model, among different models and between each model and software code.
- Performing requirements eliciting interviews, and integrating knowledge gained from them into appropriate models of a software system.
- Explaining the commonly recognized phases of a structured software development process.
- Measuring and interpreting basic software metrics to assess the quality characteristics of a code base.
For the design of software systems, students learn to use Software Engineering models, particularly the UML diagrams (class diagrams, activity diagrams and statecharts), and they get acquainted with the waterfall software development processes.|
Mandatory literature David J. Eck Introduction to Programming Using Java is available online at https://math.hws.edu/javanotes
For questions concerning the module, please email: email@example.com