At the end of this module, the student is able to:
- Design and realize interactive programs for both screen-oriented and embedded applications,
- Use theory about smart environments to build parts of working (distributed) applications,
- Use theory about embedded systems to build working applications and systems,
- Realize project objectives in a team and reflect one's own role in a team,
- Present (partial) results of a project, both oral and on paper,
- Manage a project in a structured and transferable manner
In the Smart Environments Core students learn various techniques from different disciplines that are needed to invent, design and realize a (prototype of) a smart environment. The module is a mix of smart technology, additional knowledge and skills from other disciplines and a project in which the students apply the skills they just learned.
The smart technology components in the module are "Sound & Circuits", "Programming and Physical Computing", "Smart Environments Lectures" and the “Smart Environments Project”. Subjects in the core of the module are hardware and software design, programming, and interaction with the physical world. During the project students learn to apply basic creative technology design rules.
Manual enrollment for this module via Osiris is only for Creative Technology students.