The student is able|
- to formulate their own research question around the theme [2a]
- to conduct research on technical development and use the input from companies and organizations [1a, 2a, 4]
- to explain differences in the technical expertise, in point of view and/or in the work environment within companies/research institutes in multiple countries. 
- to indicate the cultural differences between the Netherlands and the destination of the trip and apply these differences in an analysis of the industry sector [1d]
- to identify, analyze and evaluate political, environmental, social, technical, economical and/or legal challenges and opportunities. [1c, 4]
The number in the square brackets indicate the corresponding program learning outcomes of Advanced Technology.
- to organize a part of a complex activity with multiple aspects and participants [3, 5]
- to build a relation with international institutes and companies 
- to evaluate and identify cultural differences and is able to adapt accordingly. The student will predict and evaluate their adaptiveness 
The student will participate in a course connected to the studytrip of the SSA (Stichting Studiereis Astatine).|
Lectures will be given around the meso and macro analysis of the destination. The goal is to gain insight into the differences of the industries and countries and how these differences determine the (technical) development per industry of the country.
A theme related research will be conducted on a local and global scale. This research includes a destination specific sector analysis (e.g. PESTEL)
The student participates in the organization of the trip and develops international communication skills. Communication is taught in oral sessions to make students aware of their pitfalls and to give students tips to improve the communication.