This project integrates the electrodynamics and HF electronics parts in one multidisciplinary project, with as vehicle a full transmit system consisting of antenna and electronics, driven from a signal source. Apart from applying the content of the other two parts in this module, many trade-offs and optimizations are requested in this project. |
After this project you will
- be able to understand and model how accelerating charges in antennas may be used to emit (send) and absorb (receive) electromagnetic waves (information).
- have designed, constructed and tested a transmit antenna for a wireless communication device. You will have used the method of moments to calculate electromagnetic radiation (antenna patterns and impedance).
- have designed the electronic circuit that drives the antenna with a properly modulated signal.
- have included electrodynamics-related parasitics in your circuit (design) in such a way that these parasitics are leveraged, minimized or properly dealt with.
- have had to make (and understand) trade offs in size constrained transmit systems, consisting of electronics and an antenna.