After successfully completing the Research Topics, the student is able to independently:
- Delineate and formulate a suitable subject for a Final Project within AI4HEALTH, typically starting from an initial rough outline;
- Assess a given (multidisciplinary) problem in a systematic way to formulate/define a mathematical problem that can be solved and subsequently conclusions can be drawn from;
- Search effectively the modern network of libraries and the literature therein. This includes finding, selecting and critically analyzing the relevant literature and applying them in own research;
- Formulate a clear and realistic work plan
Research Topics is a course unit for an individual student in the AI4HEALTH specialization of AM. It is intended as a preparation for the Final Project. Main objectives are further deepening the student’s understanding of a topic within AI4HEALTH, and further development of the student's research competencies. Research Topics typically entails an initial literature study and aims at the statement of a clear research question and planning for the Final Project.|
Research Topics and the Final Project will be supervised by the same lecturer.
For a student to start the Research Topics, the following conditions should be satisfied:
- The student has an individual study programme in AI4HEALTH, approved by the examination board, of which at least 54 EC have already been achieved.
- A supervisor has been identified. An initial description of the subject of the Research Topics has been agreed upon with the supervisor.