In the personal internship development plan, students formulate their own learning goals along the following lines:
The process of the search for the internship is predominantly the student’s own responsibility. The student discusses their plan with the UCT semester coordinator to check academic and professional content, level, and fit with the semester goals. When the plan is concrete, the student contacts the ITC internship coordinator for practical matters.
- Develop a working knowledge in the operationalization of the profile expertise ;
- Learn new practical skills and gain confidence in entrepreneurial and professional settings;
- Practice communication and teamwork skills;
- Establish a network of professionals;
- Boost their career prospects;
- Become a more motivated life-long learner.
Upon completing the Cell biology course, students will be able to identify the different cell components and processes. They will be able to explain their functions and their workings, and to analyse how cells and their processes in different species or in a multi-cellular organism behave and differ.