In general, the learning goals will address:
- Personal development as an Advanced Technology professional
- Development of expertise in a limited field of expertise of Advanced Technology
- Autonomous acquisition of knowledge
Additional learning goals are -individually- proposed from the perspective of the chosen subject
The educational form will depend on the type of project the student will choose. Students will work individually on projects. One of the staff members (an AT examiner) will be appointed as coach. During the module, the students will meet the coach on at least three occasions:
- Before the start of the module to determine the goals and the deliverables.
- Half–way during the module students will present their project.
- At the end of the module, students will present their work with a written report.
As a rule students are free to define their own challenge in consultation with a member of scientific staff. To start this module students have to follow the following guidelines:
- The topic/challenge must be a state of the art Advanced Technology assignment
- The study load of this project is at least 15 EC
- An examiner of the AT program must found to be willing to be the coach.
- A written report is handed in to the coach for grading of the module
The student must submit a project proposal to the Board of Examiners (prior to the start of the module), that describes the project(s), including the name and signed approval of the coach.
The student will participate in the Green team, the Solar Challenge team, the Robot soccer team or a similar large multidisciplinary project team.|
Advanced Technology professionals are essential for large multidisciplinary projects, such as the Green team, Solar Challenge or the Robot soccer team projects. At the university these projects are performed and organized by students. Advanced Technology professionals are part of these teams and use their knowledge of electronics, control, system design, circuits, communication systems and signal theory in these projects. In case the tasks of individual students is deepening the advanced technology aspects of the project, this work can be done within this module in the bachelor program.