The Great Negotiators programme aims to empower students by establishing negotiation skills in their repertoire to tackle the challenges of today’s world. Student learning is facilitated through experimental and cognitive course elements of negotiation. The student will be able to:|
Research & Theory
Reflection - introspection
- Apply existing negotiation theories to different scenarios from various disciplines to challenges in today’s world;
- Combine different theories to explain a single scenario;
- Learn about latest research findings in negotiation;
- Apply latest research findings in role-play simulations;
- Reflect on personal growth, based on experimental and cognitive learning processes;
- Boost their confidence in their negotiation skills;
- Learn about own negotiation and conflict management style through self-assessment, class discussions, feedback from coaches and classmates;
- Learn to assess the opponent by reflecting on the process and outcome;
- Understand the role of emotions, trust and power in negotiations;
- Negotiate effectively in teams, alone and with multiple opponents;
- Effectively communicate amongst team members and resolve internal discussions;
- Understand the dynamics of each “stage” in the negotiation process;
- Understand how negotiation behaviour shapes long-term relationships;
Know why some negotiators succeed, while others keep failing.
- Prepare efficiently for negotiations;
- Gather and share information properly;
- Create and claim value and reach mutually beneficial deals;
- Develop and apply skills that are beneficial in negotiations;
- Resolve ineffective negotiations;
- Professionally deal with bargaining and conflict relationships;
- Know when to negotiate and when to walk away;
- Know the value of active listening;
- Effectively present proposals;
- Conduct an effective debate and manage concessions;
- Predict the counterparts’ next move;
- Use and read body language;
- Know how to combine integrative and distributive negotiation tactics;
Advanced Negotiations |
Contracts, purchasing and sales
Behaviour and Relationships
- Pre-and Post-settlement and Pareto efficiency.
- Contingency contracts.
- Drafting contingencies contracts.
- Price negotiations.
Reflection and personal growth
- How to build lasting (business) relationships?
- Buyer/seller relationship
- What is conflict management?
- How to use non-violent communication?
- Online vs face-to-face negotiations.
- How to cope with and understand emotions in negotiations?
- How to manage your own emotions in high-escalated situations?
- De-escalating the situation and move towards a solution acceptable for all parties involved.
- Recognize biases and how to work with persuasion strategies?
- Cultural Anthropology: What intercultural skills should I possess?
- Cross-Cultural negotiations: How to prepare and approach, differences and similarities, in cross-cultural negotiation?
- Behaviour at the negotiation table.
- How to deal with difficult people?
- Ethics in negotiations.
- The importance of reputation in negotiation (and it’s maintenance).
- Personal Negotiation Portfolio.