After following this course, students can:
- Independently study a specific topic related to his/her project in depth
- Find, analyse and appropriately refer to the material (papers, documents, blogs, software, etc.) relevant to the content-specific learning goals to be attained
- Present the results of the study in the form of a scientific paper or a white paper in English
- Give an oral presentation on the results of the study
- Understand the wider context of the topic in research and development
This course enables a student to study an advanced research-oriented or design-oriented topic that is relevant to his/her project. The course does not adhere to a fixed schedule, since it will be adapted to the students' needs. Students are expected to show a high degree of independence and initiative in following this course.|
Once a student has found a teacher for this course, student and teacher should reach an agreement about:
- the topic to be studied and the content-specific learning goals to be attained
- the course materials (e.g., papers, books)
- the learning activities (e.g., self-study, assignments, projects, presentations)
- a time schedule for the activities
- the assessment procedure and criteria.
This course is expected to be taken individually. In very special circumstances it is also possible to follow this course as a group, subject to approval by the programme management.