At the end of this course the students will know:
- how to visualize categorical and continuous variables, and their relationships
- how to summarize the distribution of a variable in a few characteristics/statistics
- a few simple models for the relationships between several variables, and how to construct and select them
- how to use the R statistical environment for doing statistical analyses in practice
- how to write a statistical report
In this module, attention will be given to basic and essential elements of statistics. The fascinating domain of obtaining the truth out of the data is central to this module. There will be ample attention to summarizing sample data, probability theory and to estimating and testing. The course contains both theory and practicals with the software package R – the practicals will be finetuned to the different groups represented within Atlas.