At the end of the course the student is|
- To have insight into samples and distrutions of data
- To have insight into different probability distributions.
- To understand the basic elements of statistical testing.
- To understand the basic elements of statistical estimation.
- To be able to carry out a standard analysis with the software package R.
In this module, attention will be given to basic and essential elements of statistics. The fascinating domain of obtaining the truth out of the data is central to this module. There will be ample attention to summarizing sample data, probability theory and to estimating and testing. The course contains both theory and practicals with the software package R – the practicals will be finetuned to the different groups represented within Atlas.|