After this course, the student:
- Is able to analyze circuits with sources and resistors, inductors, and capacitors, using the methods taught
- Clearly identifies the circuit components, characteristic curves and equations that define their operation
- Recognizes whether the design, implementation and output signals is best addressed with node voltage method, Superposition and/or Thevenin and Norton theorems
- Designs the circuits on paper, identifies and discusses each circuit via systematic analysis
- Uses basic mathematical skills for Electronics: Sets of equations, 1st and 2nd order differential equations, complex numbers, integration, partial derivatives, integration by parts and limits
- In a team, can develop a working project for measuring a physical quantity, and diagnose faulty components, short circuits, overloads, feedback via the implementation in protoboard or Arduino platform. Is it logical? Are the input/output signals correct?
- Masters the use of basic instrumentation such as voltage/current sources, multimeter/oscilloscope for the characterization, optimization and analysis of basic circuits and the project
- Can efficiently and clearly communicate the project both orally and in writing.
- Presents the solution in clear and logical steps, with explanation/schematics/pencasts/videos/written reports and in Arduino
- Tests and the assignment will be assessed on: St Logical and correct solution of the problems, by using node voltage method, superposition and/or Thevenin and Norton theorems, via systematic analysis, and the use of mathematical skills for Electronics such as: sets of equations, 1st and 2nd order differential equations, complex numbers, integration, partial derivatives, integration by parts and integration by limits. A written solution using Physics Laws and Math/Modelling is expected.
- The project will be assessed by means of a rubric, during a physical demonstration using the Arduino platform for which 2 Electronics experts will provide partial assessment of each project, in an expo-type session
Assumed previous knowledge
|Basic High school Mathematics: derivation, integration, ODEs.||Required materials|
|Recipes for Circuit Analysis, workbook and exercise book by L. Spreeuwers, R. van Rootseler and Chris Zeinstra,
|The Art of Electronics by Horowitz, ISBN-13: 978-0521231510