The course objectives are to provide the participants with practical tools, knowledge and insights into:
- General problems with energy efficiency and possibilities to improvement through energy management.
- The key elements of an energy management system
- Preparation and execution of energy audits
- Preparation for reaching ISO 50001 Energy Management
- Policies and instruments to support energy efficiency improvements in SMIs
Motivation for Energy Management
Introducing the energy management system
Energy policies in companies
The Energy Manager and the energy team
Introduction to ISO50001
Practical steps toward achieving ISO Standard 50001
Practicing an audit on a company with a certified energy management system
Set up of the course
The students will prepare with online material in the first three weeks
The students will have lectures and guest lectures on 30 November, 3, 4 & 7 December
The students write an assignment in the rest of the quartile.
More detail will be provided via Canvas.