After finishing the bachelor’s assignment, the student is able to independently conduct a research project on the interface of technical mathematics and technical computer science and communicate about this project. More precisely, the student is able to:
- formulate a problem and draw up a research plan;
- consult, find and use relevant literature;
- apply knowledge acquired in the bachelor programmes AM and TCS;
- relate research results to each other;
- translate research solutions to the original problem;
- indicate the importance and restrictions of the analysis with regard to a social issue;
- write a report in the form of a scientific article;
- present the result of the assignment to classmates.
The bachelor’s assignment for double degree students AM-TCS is a research project with a mathematical component of 10 EC and a computer science component of 5 EC. In this project, the student needs to apply theory and skills obtained so far during the bachelor programmes to complete it successfully. Each project has supervisors from both AM and TCS. The project results will be presented both verbally at the AM Bachelor Conference and in writing.