- Students will be able to provide an understanding of and explain the principal characteristics of entrepreneurship and its domains in various contexts.
- Students will be able to explain the ﬁnancial and ethical considerations associated with new venture creation.
- Students will be able to defend and create at least one new venture business model that addresses a signiﬁcant problem.
- Students will be able to assess their own preparedness for entrepreneurship, also in identifying chances and risks.
- Students will be able to analyze the principal factors inﬂuencing the success of new ventures, including creativity and opportunity development.
- Students will be able to use their obtained insights to better judge their strengths and weaknesses as an entrepreneur
- Students will be able to communicate and cooperate with outsiders and are open to their feedback for further development of their entrepreneurial ideas.
The Entrepreneurship & Business Development track, students study and practice important techniques required to become an expert entrepreneur. To this end, they will investigate how to best explore and exploit business opportunities, next to getting acquainted to and make use of the effectuation approach, a way of thinking that thrives in uncertain situations and helps its users to turn new circumstances into opportunities. The entrepreneurial process is the core of the track and is considered as a paradigm, tracing the process and highlighting its practical applications. Special emphasis on the creation and initial growth phases of new ventures, with discussion of related ethical, international and legal issues.