After completing the course, the student is able to:
- determine and interpret the Fourier series of a periodic phenomenon;
- solve simple partial differential equations using Fourier series;
- determine and interpret the Laplace transform of a function;
- solve linear differential equations, systems of 1st order differential equations and partial differential equations using Laplace transformations;
- analyze the behavior of linear time-independent continuous systems using Fourier series and Laplace transforms.
This course lays the foundation for further courses in the field of signal and system theory. The emphasis here is on studying continuous signals. In the course two important techniques are introduced with which such signals can be analyzed: Fourier series and Laplace transforms.
During the course attention is paid to the manual calculation of simple cases.