In general, the learning goals will address:
Additional learning goals are -individually- depicted from the perspective of the chosen subject
- Personal development as an Electrical Engineer
- Development of expertise in a delineated field of expertise of Electrical Engineering
- Autonomous acquisition of knowledge
The educational form will be depending on the kind of project the student will choose. Students will work individually on projects. One of the staff members (an EE examiner) will be appointed as coach. During the module, the students will meet the coach at least two occasions:
In principle, students are free to define their own challenge in consultation with a member of scientific staff. To start this module students have to follow the rules:
- Half–way during the module students will present their project.
- At the end of the module, student will present their work with a written report.
The student must submit a project proposal to the exam board (prior to starting the module), that describes the- project(s), including the name of the coach.
- The topic/challenge must be a deepening Electrical Engineering assignment
- The size of this project is at least 15 EC
- An examiner of the EE program must be found to agree to be the coach of the student.
- A written report must be handed over to the coach for grading of the module
This module is intended for students who apply their EE knowledge or skills in a large project such as e.g. one of the UT dream teams. Contact the module coordinator to discuss the suitability of the topic and approval of the team. You can do the project all year round.
The student will participate in the Green team, the Solar Challenge team or a similar large multidisciplinary project team.
Electrical Engineers are essential for large multidisciplinary projects, such as the Green team and Solar Challenge projects. At the university these projects are performed and organized by students. Electrical Engineers are part of these teams and use their knowledge of electronics, control, system design, circuits, communication systems and signal theory in these projects. In case the tasks of individual students is deepening the electrical engineering aspects of the project, this work can be done within this module in the bachelor program.
A written report, including a research/design question, an overview and results of the activities related to the EE field as well as the multidisciplinary aspects, and conclusions.