- The student understands the basic concepts of programming including the syntax of the language, data types, statements, arrays, structures, loops and branching mechanisms.
- The student can work with functions and recursion
- The student can work with pointers
- The student can read and write files
- The student can design and implement simple algorithms
In this course, the student learns to program in a procedural programming language in C. The following will be discussed, among other things: fundamental programming constructions (data types, assignment, selection and repetition assignments), procedural abstraction (methods and parameters) and data abstraction (arrays, structures). Furthermore, the following topics are discussed: the use of dynamic data structures such as lists and binary trees, reading and writing files and the use of a compiler. By way of illustration, a number of algorithms will be discussed, such as prime number generation, greatest common divisor and sorting|