• Be able to analyze the performance dynamics of a project team|
• Be able to assess the organizational culture for a project and its implications for project effectiveness and related management actions
• Be able to understand different project leadership models and their suitability
• in context
• Be able to understand and analyze the impact of a proposed project on other .5 systems in the enterprise architecture
• Be able to formulate and related the goals and requirements a project should .5 fulfil with enterprise architecture information
• Be able to develop a project portfolio (including prioritizations) or project .5 management program including information about the quality and effectiveness of systems for the organization
The project context lectures and tutorials explain how organizational culture and leadership impact IT projects (taught by Jan de Leede), and how the existing organizational goals, processes, systems and IT infrastructure (called the enterprise architecture) impact the development and the execution of projects (taught by Adina Aldea and Maria Iacob). The lectures cover the following topics:
- Week 5: Project team effectiveness by Jan de Leede covers how well-performing project teams can be brought together and thus what constitutes project success in terms of human resources.
- Week 5: Organizational structure, processes and culture and project execution by Jan de Leede.
- Week 5: Project leadership, by Jan de Leede
- Week 6: Maria Iacob and Adina Aldea will give three colstruction introductions in Enterprise Architecture. These sessions are intended to have IBA students at nearly the same level as BIT students. This is essential for these students to be effective in the following three sessions on projects and Enterprise Architecture. BIT students who have not yet done Module 7 also are required to follow these sessions.
- Week 6: Maria Iacob and Adina Aldea will have three colstruction sessions on learning goals 3.21, 3.22 and 3.23 that discuss the importance of enterprise architecture for effective and useful project executions, selection and planning, and the management of larger sets of projects and project proposals.
- Week 6: Guest lecture on portfolio management in practice by Ivo van der Kleijn, ZGT.
- In week 7 you will have one test for the two topics of project contexts. Table 7 summarizes the Project Context test.