- Be able to define the problem and scope for a project
- Be able to select the best management method for different project types
- Be able to explain how project investments turn into results in different project contexts
- Be able to develop a vision and requirements for a solution to a project problem
- Be able to develop a business case for a project.
Project initiation and design lectures will be given by Renata Guizzardi and Maya Daneva. Below, you find a list of topics that will be covered in the M&T part.
- Introduction: definitions (project, project management, and stakeholders), project management framework discussing the main goals and activities involved in IT project management.
- Strategic Modeling and Portfolio Management: How an organization’s and the project’s goals are related to project scoping, also guiding project portfolio management.
- Requirements: covers the practices of requirements engineering, various types of software requirements, and how these can be implemented in practice;
- Business case development: covers why business cases are important for IT project success (and must in fact serve as a valid motivation to start a project that finds a solution to a problem), and how to successfully develop one.