At the end of this course, the student learns:|
• The role of eHealth in overcoming some of the challenges created by an ageing population;
• How to engage with end-users in the design of a digital health solution that enables remote care to motivate lifestyle changes that fits the needs of a specific end-user;
• How to apply the Creative Technology design cycle to come up to an inclusive eHealth solution that supports a healthy lifestyle throughout the life course;
• How to evaluate whether the designed solution fits the user needs.
At the end of this course, the student knows:
• The main challenges for the healthcare systems in the upcoming years risen from the increase in the age of the population and the importance of healthy lifestyle;
• The potential of eHealth/digital health to face some of these challenges;
• How to formulate design problems from the perspective of the user.
The demographic change and consequent burden on socio-economic systems require a reconsideration on the current organization of healthcare. This course is a broad introduction of development of eHealth services that have a serious chance to be successfully implemented in our current care system. The goal of these services is to support patients in managing their health and/or chronic illnesses, with a specific focus on motivating a healthy lifestyle throughout the life course.|
The overarching aim is to:
• Improve the quality of care
• Lower the pressure on our labor capacity in health care
• Improve quality of life
• Support primary and secondary prevention by motivating a healthy lifestyle.
The three central questions of this course are:
1) How to elicit user needs and translate these user needs into an eHealth solution?
2) How to make technology motivating for engaging in a healthy lifestyle?
3) How should the design look like to realize the aims mentioned above?
RCN provides the opportunity to repair a failed check point and to improve deliverable "Visualisation of the product". However, improving the visualisation results in a maximum deliverable grade of 6.0.
If you want to enroll, please contact R.G.A. Bults (email@example.com)