Objectives “Preparation BSc assignment”|
• The student is able to identify relevant literature for a BSc assignment and is able to summarize the status of the international field on this topic.
• The student is able to identify possible ethical consequences of the research.
• The student is able to set up a literature reference base and is able to use this in the writing of a report.
• The student can identify a relevant BSc research question and can formulate this question and the required research plan.
• The student can identify the equipment required for undertaking this research plan, can name the critical points in the research plan and possible fall back options and can identify the knowledge missing to carry out this plan.
In the BSc Assignment Preparation, the student will search for a BSc assignment and write the concept of the first chapter of the BSc thesis which addresses what the research will be about, why it is relevant and how this research will be done. Of particular attention is setting up a relevant literature base and a description of the current state of the field to which the chosen topic belongs. In addition, the student will identify individual skills that should be developed further, for an adequate execution of the Bachelor Assignment. The following phases|
• Phase 1: Finding an assignment(talk with different researchers, find a topic for your bachelor assignment, present a concept version to peers)
• Phase 2: Embedding the assignment (locating literature, write a concept version of chapter 1 of the bachelor thesis)
• Phase 3: Improve to be prepared for the start of the assignment in module 12. Based on the feedback, improve your Chapter 1 and present the assignment.