- International experience/application: To enrich the students' bachelor profile with international experience and to prepare them for dealing with cultural differences.
- Knowledge: To acquire a detailed knowledge of and insight into the issues and grand challenges of sustainability, sustainable technologies, responsible innovation, business development and social equity in an international context in particular for developing and transition countries;
- Analytical and evaluation skills: To identify, analyse and evaluate a range of ethical, professional, managerial, economic, legal, social and cultural challenges of - and opportunities for - responsible innovation in practice at different levels within different organisations, i.e. 1) companies; 2) non-profit organisations; and 3) government and public sector organisations.
- Problem solving and synthesis skills: To develop solutions to complex issues related to the transition to a sustainable future using the appropriate theories and approaches, and to approach them – both individually as well as on the basis of team work – from a multidisciplinary and multicultural perspective.
- Comprehension: To identify and discuss dilemmas in creating and implementing the transition to a sustainable future related to responsible innovation within business and public sectors.
- Research skills: To develop an academically sound research proposal in collaboration with the host organisation for the field study, matching the student’s disciplinary background and interests with the requirements of the host organisation.
- Planning skills: To prepare and execute a realistic work plan and time schedule for a research project
- Communication skills: To report findings and respond to criticism in a professional manner
During the field study students carry out an individual or team project within a host organisation. The project is to relate to any of the issues of the International Grand Challenges for Sustainable Technology and Development (Sustainable Development Goals). Students may connect this with their own study background. Students are guided by a tutor in jointly developing, conducting, writing and reflecting on an academically sound research project in collaboration with the host organisation for the field study.|