- Be able to design a strategy and business model and understand how they evolve using testing and research
- Be able to design a digital marketing plan and implement it using
- Familiarize and apply issue reporting, task management, team collaboration using agile methods
- E-marketing technologies
- Make informed choices about the sustainability of sourcing, staffing and production.
- Design distribution, operations and production using quantitative models to ensure scalability, flexibility and reliability.
- Have a high-level idea about the impact of returns on a business
- Use several ICT tools to support the business design and innovation process including business canvas modelling tools, group decision support systems, project management tooling, architecture modelling suite, presentation and collaboration tools
- Design a basic legal structure for a company with digital presence and potentially global sourcing of components
- Describe how the product and business are embedded in a larger context (science, technology, industry, government)
Unique and central to the module is the project in which teams of students create an online business in several weeks from business idea generation to designing a customizable product, to a working online business configuring, and setting up an ERP system that provides integrated support from an online shop, to procurement, finance, project management, marketing, etc. Students thus experience how all these business areas are related and how important cross-functional process integration and well-designed business-ICT architecture are.