- Can explain the need for computerized support of managerial decision making;
- Can explain the business intelligence (BI) methodology and concepts and can relate them to decision support systems (DSS);
- Can design data models, database schemas, and SQL queries;
- Can apply data management and web related technologies (e.g., MySQL);
- Can design, access and use a database for simple Web based applications;
- Can apply the basic definitions and concepts of data warehouses;
- Can evaluate and compare the different types of data warehousing architectures;
- Can explain the process of developing and managing data warehouses and collecting data for business intelligence applications;
- Can analyse the all-encompassing nature of performance management (BPM) and apply some of the best practices in planning and management reporting;
- Can evaluate the objectives and benefits of business analytics and data mining, recognize the wide range of applications of data mining;
- Can apply, compare and evaluate the theoretical knowledge of BI in designing and implementing BI applications.
The course will introduce students to business intelligence concepts and provide with an understanding how to represent information using data models; create, pupulate and query a database; create a data warehouse to analyze and solve business problems, extract data patterns using data mining techniques, represent insights using dashboards.