Professional skills/project management|
On completion of this module, students will be able to:
- analyse their project groups using theories of group processes
- describe their roles within the project group
- apply theories of group processes to their personal project group and reflect on their roles within the project group.
Students are able to systematically search for relevant literature regarding a practical issue, to analyse the relevant literature systematically and to critically and subsequently incorporate it (according to APA guidelines) into a written piece using academic writing style. To that end, students will learn to:
- systematically and purposefully search for literature
- register the search process by keeping a search log
- critically evaluate the search process and selected sources
- design an appropriate structure for the piece that is to be written
- develop the structure into a purposeful written piece and to present the piece in the most appropriate way
- formulate texts in academic writing style and compile a reference list according to APA criteria.
This study unit is part of the module Social Behaviour (202000325) and focuses on skills that are important in carrying out academic (group) assignments. In this module, students develop their skills further in respect of gathering literature, evaluating literature and academic writing, to apply these to (writing a report as part of) the project. Dovetailing with the theme of the module (Social Behaviour) and to support the project, there is specific emphasis on teamwork, group roles, group processes and personal qualities.
This study unit is part of the module Social Behaviour (202000325). A module is offered as one educational unity and students take it as such.