At the end of the module, students will be able to:
- Consider their own behaviour and describe insights into their own behaviour on the basis of study-related scenarios.
- Develop a realistic project strategy.
- Shape work consultation effectively.
At the end of the module, students will have knowledge of, or an insight into:
- The way in which attention must be given to the manner in which the writer presents him/herself and the manner in which he/she addresses his readers, in addition to the factual information.
- The design and application of a specifically developed structure for text and passages of text, for example, paragraph writing.
- Characteristics of scientific information and evaluating the quality of a source
- Reference according to APA guidelines.
- Using academic databases like Scopus to search for (scientific) literature
This study unit is part of the module Psychology and Intervention Design (202000320) and focuses on skills that are important in carrying out academic (group) assignments. The professional skills are geared towards working effectively in groups, personal development, and the academic skills required for writing scientific pieces.|
Students learn to consider their own behaviour in study-related scenarios and subsequently, to apply this knowledge of themselves to function effectively within a project group.
This component looks at the role, importance and application of communication skills. Effective communication is goal and audience oriented. Writers need to be aware of the objectives they wish to achieve, the target groups they wish to reach and the informational needs, standards and values of those target groups. They must be capable of writing a piece that is appropriate and effective in a specific scenario. That means students must be able to structure their writing well, both internally and externally. In addition, students examine the use of conventions in terms of layout, design and literature processing, amongst others. They also learn how to search academic databases and evaluate literature.
This study unit is part of the module Psychology and Intervention Design (202000320). A module is offered as one educational unity and students take it as such.
Recommended materials-Instructional modes
|Molen, H. T. van der, Ackermann, M., Osseweijer, E. M., Schmidt, H. G., Wal, E. van der, Boer, B. B. de, & Polak, M. (2018). Academic Writing Skills. 2nd edition. Amsterdam: Boom Lemma uitgevers. ISBN 9789024407743|
|American Psychological Association (2020). Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 7th edition. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. ISBN 9781433832161|
|Group project plan|
|Group literature assignment|
|Individual writing assignment|
|Individual reflective report|