- Students can discuss strategic business problems using recent theories in strategy and marketing.
- Students can understand the interconnected elements of a research process in strategy and marketing research.
- Students are able review a written research in an objective manner.
- Students are capable to construct a research design that is testable in an empirical setting.
- Students are capable to analyze and interpret data and draw conclusions, including a practical managerial advice.
- Students are capable to write a report in academic style.
The underlying objective of this course is for students to get familiar with high quality research that has an impact on the business practice in the modern world. To this end, we introduce a curated selection of topics in strategy and marketing research. Assigned materials will address the recent issues that emerge in the context of strategizing for the technology-enabled businesses. Central themes include: customer value, digital marketing, networked businesses, early stages of innovation process. In parallel, a variety of business research methods will be introduced and discussed.
Testing and assessment
Group and individual assessment is designed so that the student develops skills and good practices that are required in strategy and marketing research.
There will be two group assignments (30% + 20%) and an exam (50%). Assignments and deadlines will be announced via Canvas.
In order to pass the course, the grade from the exam must be at least 5.5 AND the final grade must be at least 5.5.
Group assignment 1 = 30%
Group assignment 2 = 20%
Exam = 50% (at least 5.5 required to pass)
Weighted average must be at least 5.5 for a pass