After passing the course, the student can:
- coordinate the development a physical product in combination with a digital service;
- formulate an assignment based on predefined parameters and deliverables;
- make an well-founded choice between various design tools;
- transfer knowledge and skills to other group members;
- develop, communicate and organize different configurations and iterations of a product;
- design and create relationships and combinations between different design tools.
This is a part of Module 8, ID M8 Virtual Product Development of the Bachelor Industrial Design Engineering. See here for the complete description of this module|
The topic of the project is to design the combination of a product with an integrated service. There is no description available of the product the students have to develop, but there are constraints within which a product must be designed. Each project team must define in the first week of the project what kind of product they will develop. The group thus has no client, but will have to develop a product themselves that (fictitious) must convince an investor.
In the project, students must individually make a choice between the offered tools from the toolbox. Based on their own needs and the needs of the team, each student must select six (out of eleven) tools. The knowledge and skills of the tools should be used directly within the project, and the use of every tool must be visible in the deliverables of the project
External students who are interested in this elective: please contact email@example.com