After passing the course, the student can:
- Define requirements for a smart product, integrating aspects from the disciplines electronics, application development, human factors and design & styling
- Analyse the environment by means of sensors
- Develop a user interface, taking the target group and usability into account
- Interpret data by means of self-devised software
- Use data to model intended behaviour of a product
- Build a product that can physically react
- Test, evaluate and critically reflect upon a product
- Work in a project group while integrating feedback from experts from different disciplines
- Develop a product that is a trade-off between various criteria in multiple domains
This is a part of Module 4 of the Bachelor Industrial Design Engineering. See here for the compete description of this module.|
Project Smart Products gives an introduction to the design of so-called smart products.
Smart products are physical products that are able to observe the world, to interpret these observations and to give a meaningful & logical reaction.
After successfully finishing the project, students are able to design, to build and to test a smart product (prototype) that is a trade-off between various criteria in multiple domains.
external students who are interested in this elective: please contact: email@example.com