After passing the course, the student can:
- Explain the role of information and communication technology in the practice of designing and developing products.
- Explain the concept of object-oriented programming.
- Create simple programs in an object-oriented programming language.
- Develop data types, control structures and methods to support structured programming.
- Design data structures that reflect objects in the real world.
- Design Graphical User Interfaces.
This is a part of Module 4 of the Bachelor Industrial Design Engineering. See here for the compete description of this module.|
Application Development is an introductory course to learn programming with Java, one of the most in-demand programming languages designed to work across multiple software platforms.
As more and more products become smart, contain electronics and are connected, software development is becoming increasingly important with regard to the design of products.
During this course, students will become familiar with a number of concepts in the discipline of software development and learn to write simple programs in the Java programming language.
Examples of skills developed in this course vary from basic programming skills to object oriented design and implementation. Students will learn to develop solutions for various platforms ranging from embedded software, desktop applications, apps for mobile devices and web applications.
This course uses an integrated development environment (IDE) to develop software.
The acquired knowledge and skills in this course are applied in the project Smart Products which runs simultaneously with this course. Direct interaction between learning and application of knowledge ensures students will quickly gain insight and understand how to apply newly developed skills in the design of smart products.
external students who are interested in this elective: please contact: email@example.com