After passing the course, the student can:
- Observe and express different material expressions using existing examples
- Apply material expressions and color on its own design
- Make quick sketches that are instantly presentable
- Apply different sketching materials and sketching techniques
- Develop their own design using several ideation techniques
- Use sketching as a means of expressing themselves within the design profession
This is a part of Module 3 of the Bachelor Industrial Design Engineering. See here for the compete description of this module.|
In this course you learn how one can present a self designed product by the use of two- and threedimensional sketches. In advance on the previous learned techniques you not just sketch in a three dimensional way but also add color material and texture in order to visualise in a more realistic way.
The following aspect will be part of the course: Training the use of colour and shadow; Visualising materials in a realistic manner like (glossy) plastics, glass, metals, chrome, etc.
Besides this there will be exercises in explanatory sketching, ideation, visualising interaction and context, presentational sketches, using tracing sheets, designnig, etc.
The focus will lie on the more realistic way of presenting products in a professional manner.
external students who are interested in this elective: please contact: email@example.com