- describe a systematic approach of designing
- apply a function analysis and determine the requirement specifications
- describe a basic market research (including the steps) for a product or product idea
- analyse a product in a specific time period and make suggestions for the future development of this product
- apply intuitive and systematical creativity techniques during designing and problem solving
- apply a scenario analysis on a user situation
- describe the strong an weak points of an existing product using a usability study
- calculate product measurements based on relevant human body dimensions (anthropometry)
- reflect on a designed product from the different perspectives of Form & human interaction, Management and Technology
- write a structured and coherent reflective paper using the correct language and style
This is a part of Module 1 of the Bachelor Industrial Design Engineering. See here for the compete description of this module.
This part of the module can be divided into two subjects: the basic design skills area and an introduction to the broad field of industrial design.
During the part about the BASIC DESIGN SKILLS a step-by-step plan for the design process is introduced. Subjects that are part of this plan are: planning, product analysis, requirements specifications, selection methods, market research, design, product phases, concept design, creativity techniques, etc. the field of Ergonomics will also be discussed in this part, especially “design for all” and using human body dimensions.
The part about the BROAD FIELD OF INDUSTRIAL DESIGN will introduce different aspects/directions of Industrial Design. It will give an insight in the different possibilities within this programme.
RELATION TO OTHER SUBJECTS
This part of the module is a preparation for the whole bachelor programme of Industrial Design.
There will be a mixture of lectures and tutorials.
This part of the module will be marked with a grade.
external students who are interested in this elective: please contact: email@example.com