After passing the course, the student can:
- The student can explain the different material properties and use them for material selection.
- The student can explain the tensile test and use this to interprete some mechanical properties.
- The student can derive a performance index and use this to select a material.
- The student is familiar with the complex structure of materials and can use this to explain material properties.
- The student can explain the terms fracture toughness and fatigue and can calculate if this occurs.
This is a part of Module 1 of the Bachelor Industrial Design Engineering. See here for the compete description of this module.|
Designing products demands knowledge of materials and production processes. This course focusses on material properties one hand and material choice on the other. Material properties can be explained through the structure of materials. To make a right materials choice students have to know something about translating this material properties in requirement specifications.
external students who are interested in this elective: please contact: email@example.com