- the student is able to integrate and apply knowledge in a subfield of Civil Engineering and if necessary broaden and/or deepen this knowledge independently
- the student is able to work methodically and plan his/her work
- the student is able to communicate effectively about his/her work both written/oral and formal/informal
- the student is able to work independently on a project of limited complexity
- the student is able to make effective use of input and feedback from supervisors and/or colleagues
- the student shows that he/she is able to work effectively in the professional civil engineering context.
This is a part of Module 12, Bachelor Thesis of the Bachelor Civil Engineering. See here for the complete description of this module. |
During this (at least) 10 week assignment, the student has to prove that he/she has sufficient content knowledge, and that he/she has to prove Besides, the student has to proof his/her capability to work systematically and report his/her own work. The BSc thesis assignment is an individual assignment about executing an assignment within in a Civil Engineering company/institution; this hands-on experience is the way to link obtained knowledge and skills with practice. The assignment involves at least one of the following:
At the end, the student will write a thesis report and an evaluation on the process.
- Systematic planning/management of (a part of) the production process of a civil engineering object or system
- Modelling (part of) a civil engineering object/system in a qualitative or quantitative way and use of this model to predict future changes in the object/system
- Systematically (re)design a civil engineering object/system
Click here for amongst others available and completed assignments the student manual, checklists and timeline.