- the student is able to integrate and apply knowledge in a subfield of Civil Engineering and if necessary broaden and/or deepen this knowledge independently
- the student is able to work methodically and plan his/her work
- the student is able to communicate effectively about his/her work both written/oral and formal/informal
- the student is able to work independently on a project of limited complexity
- the student is able to make effective use of input and feedback from supervisors and/or colleagues
- the student shows that he/she is able to work effectively in the professional civil engineering context.
This is a part of Module 12, Bachelor Thesis of the Bachelor Civil Engineering. See here for the complete description of this module. |
The student will do an individual assignment in the civil engineering work field (by exemption at the UT). The assignment involves at least one of the following:
The student will write a thesis report and an evaluation on the process.
- Systematic planning/management of (a part of) the production process of a civil engineering object or system
- Modelling (part of) a civil engineering object/system in a qualitative or quantitative way and use of this model to predict future changes in the object/system
- Systematically (re)design a civil engineering object/system