- Knowledge: The student has knowledge of all objects in a traffic flow simulation, e.g. infrastructure, demand, traffic control, vehicle-driver-units
- Comprehension: The student is able to explain the functioning of these objects.
- Application: The student is able to model and interpret a simple traffic situation and transfer it to a traffic flow simulation experiment.
- Analysis: The student is able to identify the impact of infrastructure, demand and control in a simple traffic flow simulation experiment.
- Synthesis: The student is able to identify the causal relations in an experiment and develop solutions to improve the traffic situation.
This is a part of Module 8, Modelling & Analysis of Stochastic Processes of the Bachelor Civil Engineering. See here for the complete description of this module.|
The Project Simulation of Traffic Flows is used to model real-world traffic situations, determine the traffic operations under different demand and control scenario’s using a state-of-the-art traffic simulation software tool.
Preferably, this course should be followed in parallel with (or after passing) the course Traffic Flow Dynamics.
External students who are interested in this elective: please contact email@example.com