- To distinguish between different actors, including stakeholders, and to describe their roles in planning and decision-making;
- To describe and distinguish between different reasons for stakeholder participation and approaches for stakeholder analysis;
- To select appropriate methods to prepare an inventory of and to analyze stakeholders;
- To distinguish between different levels of participation and to explain what kind of participation they involve
- To select participation methods that can be used to achieve a certain participation objective.
- To discuss different perspectives on stakeholder participation and how this may influence the choice for specific methods.
- To design a participatory process that matches the participation context, boundary conditions and requirements.
- Explain the concept of public value, various types and competing values;
- Identify various value categories and characteristics
- Analyze potential competing values
- Reflect on whether public values are safe in private hands.
- Discuss how and to what extent public values can be safeguarded
This is a part of Module 7, Area Development of the Bachelor Civil Engineering. See here for the complete description of this module.|
Civil engineering projects, including area development projects, are generally implemented in collaboration between a wide range of actors. The early involvement of diverse organizations, groups or individuals who can either affect or are affected by a project is essential to create a high quality, widely supported project plan. This course will prepare you for the formulation of an adequate strategy for stakeholder participation and management. You will be introduced into stakeholder participation and analysis, including participation methods and levels, perspectives on participation and how to design participatory processes. In addition, you learn about the concept of public values, how values may compete and can be safeguarded.
External students who are interested in this elective: please contact Peter Jansen (email@example.com)