After this course students are able to:
- write and run their own programs
- explain how existing programs work in their own words
- debug code and understand error messages
- let a program read and write data
- perform basic data analysis
- create figures
- use conditional statements (if, else), loops (for, while) and functions
- Independently find solutions online
This course is a part of Module 2, Water Management of the Bachelor Civil Engineering. See here for the complete description of this module.|
The course is focusing on introducing the concepts of programming for engineering students using the Python programming language. This course is linked to the project of the module, so the applications and advantages of programming should become self-evident.
The students are assessed with a computer test.
The course is passed if the grade is at least 5.5.
External students who are interested in this elective: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org