After this course students are able to:
- write and run their own programs
- explain how existing programs work in their own words
- debug code and understand error messages
- let a program read and write data
- perform basic data analysis
- create figures
- use conditional statements (if, else), loops (for, while) and functions
- Independently find solutions online
This course is a part of Module 2, Water Management of the Bachelor Civil Engineering. See here for the complete description of this module.|
The course is focusing on introducing the concepts of programming for engineering students using the Python programming language. This course is linked to the project of the module, so the applications and advantages of programming should become self-evident.
The students are assessed in two tests:
- Introduction to Python.
- Introduction to programming.
Only if both the grade of test 1 and test 2 is at least 5.0, the final grade is calculated by the formula:
(grade test 1 + grade test 2) / 2
The course is passed if the final grade is at least 5.5. It is possible to repeat only test 1 or test 2.
External students who are interested in this elective: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org