- Explain the history and role that Civil Engineering fulfils in society
- Apply basic principles of Construction Material Design, Road Design, Water Management, and Infrastructure Project Delivery in an urban context
- Explain the different roles and responsibilities of public clients and contractors in infrastructure projects
- Explain the physical and mechanical properties of the most common construction materials used in Civil Engineering
- Determine and test design requirements related to construction materials
- Design, test and analyze concrete mixes in the laboratory using state of the art methods
This is a part of Module 1, Introduction to Civil Engineering of the Bachelor Civil Engineering. See here for the complete description of this module.
Fundamentals of Civil Engineering is an introductory course that provides students with the first insights into the world of Civil Engineering. Students are introduced to a range of topics in four (4) main pillars: Construction Materials, Road Design, Water Management, and Project Management. Students explore the world of Civil Engineering through understanding its history and role in society, through understanding the roles of designers, contractors and public clients in infrastructure provision andthrough applying basic design principles, functional requirements and specifications.
||Fundamentals of Civil Engineering
External students who are interested in this elective: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org