- analyse the kinematics of a mechanical system
- derive the equations of motion of a mechanical system
- apply the principles of conservation of linear and angular momentum to a mechanical system
- apply the principle of conservation of energy to a mechanical system
- analyse the mechanical vibrations of a single degree of freedom system
This is a part of Semester 3 of the Bachelor Mechanical Engineering (UT-VU) See here for the compete description of this semester.|
DYNAMICS is the third course of the SOLID MECHANICS learning line.
The course DYNAMICS provides an overview of elementary dynamics. The topic of interest is the two-dimensional motion of (systems of) point masses and rigid bodies. Included are the kinematics, the principles of conservation of linear and angular momentum and energy, derivation of the mass moments of inertia and an introduction to mechanical vibrations.