At the end of the course, the student is able to:
- Delineate and formulate a suitable subject for a Final Project
- Find relevant literature and perform literature research
- Formulate a relevant and specific problem statement
- Study recent scientific developments relevant to the problem statement
- Propose a research method for the problem statement
- Formulate a clear and realistic work plan
Research Topics EIT (4 EC) is a course unit for an individual student (in exceptional cases for a small group of students). It is intended as a preparation for the Final Project. Main objectives are further deepening of the chosen specialization within the Master, and further development of the student's research competencies It typically entails an initial literature study and aims at the statement of a clear research or design question and planning for the Final Project.|
The agreement about the research project will be an agreement between the student and a supervisor, who will be responsible for supervision and assessment. In most cases this will be the person who supervises the Final Project too.
Before work on Research Topics EIT starts, the following matters should be settled:
- There is approval of the program mentor to have the Research Topics EIT as a unit in the student's individual program, and there is a supervisor who has agreed to take the responsibility for supervision and assessment.
- There is a description of the Research Topics EIT; the description is clear about the assessment of the student's efforts.
- The agreement on Research Topics EIT is registered using the official Research Topics form, which is available at BOZ firstname.lastname@example.org .