Students in this course should:
- Independently study a specific topic in Computer Vision and Biometrics
- Plan and carry out theoretical, empirical, experimental, or applied research
- Find, analyze and appropriately refer to literature relevant to the research
- Put their own research in a wider context
- Present the results of the research in the form of a scientific paper in English
To provide the opportunity to explore specific topics in the field of computer vision and Biometrics which are not available as regular courses.|
The assignment has to be concluded by a written report in the form of a scientific paper. The topic will be selected by the scientific staff member of the Data Management and Biometrics (DMB) group.
The course is not scheduled in the time table of the programme, since it will be adapted to the students’ needs. Students are expected to show a high degree of independence and initiative in following this course.
Number of ECs: 2-6, depending on the size of the assignment.