The course aims to introduce the student into the world of Interaction Technology, by offering an overview of tools, methods and techniques, and applications of Interaction Technology, and by putting the student on the path towards integrating these, mainly through engaging and hands-on activities.
After completing this course, the student...
- has knowledge and understanding of the context of Interaction Technology and typical projects and domains in which Interaction Technology is applied
- has knowledge and understanding of the diversity of design and research methods and how they are inter-related to each other; and a basic knowledge of when to apply which method
- has had a first practical experience with integrating this knowledge by going through all stages of a typical Interaction Technology project
- can reflect on their personal motivations, ambitions and expectations as a professional in the field and can describe, to a certain extent, their own position in this field (“Me as an Interaction Technologist”)
In this course, mandatory for all students starting in the Interaction Technology programme, you will receive an introduction into various aspects of Interaction Technology.|
The course contains of a series of inspiring lectures and hands-on activities about topics such as the diversity of design and research methods; typical technologies underlying the field; and example applications from various possible user domains. Assessment is done via small essays and reports reflecting on this material.
Hands on experience is taught through participation in research studies, interviews with alumni, and a small project. The course ends with a Game Jam where the materials offered in the course are integrated in a compact 2-day project touching all aspects of Interaction Technology.
1. report: reflection on student’s participation in user study
2. report of interview with a recent alumnus or a fellow student in final stage of study program
3. project: participation in group project as part of game jam
4. essay: reflection on the field of Interaction Technology; on personal motivations, ambitions and expectations as a professional in the field; on student’s own position in this field (“Me as an Interaction Technologist”); also in relation to the student’s background and selected course programme