The student will learn:
- the basic principles of linear time-invariant systems,
- their mathematical models in linear algebra and continuous-time or discrete-time signals;
- digitization, sampling and AD/DA conversion,
- signals analysis and filters,
- stability and feedback control of linear systems in closed-loop configurations.
The course introduces a selection of the following subjects:|
Linear Time-Invariant Systems (superposition, matrix-vector algebra, bases, orthogonality / orthonormality)
Signals (continuous and discrete time signal), sampling, AD/DA conversion, sinusoidal signals and phasors, Fourier analysis, Impulse response and convolution, FIR filters)
Feedback Control (stability, controllability, observability and invertibility, input/output models, Laplace transfer functions, state-space models, discrete-time control systems.
This homologation course is a course given by the TU/e (TU/e course code 5LIQ0 TU/e, Lecturer is Alexios Balatsoukas Stimming). You have to go to TU/e for the compulsory practical assignments and the written test. It is only accessible for master Embedded Systems students and with explicit approval of the programme mentor. You must have a TU/e account.
Note: the written test is on Campus at the TU Eindhoven.