- To develop skills to be able to create a high-end functional prototype of an existing conceptual design which has been developed in an IDE master course.
- To develop experimental skills to test such a functional prototype from both a technical perspective, safety and user interaction and appreciation.
- To learn how to evaluate the test results to translate them in improvements of a conceptual design.
- Such that improvements can be used for redesigning this initial product.
- To be able to place this improved design in the context of production processes and costs.
- To reflect on the design and its interaction with its users and surroundings.
In this course student teams consisting of 2 or 3 students will collaboratively create a prototype based on an existing conceptual design originating from a previously attended master course. This prototype should properly function both from a technical and user-interactive perspective with the aim to test its technical features and its product-user interaction and perception. Finally the objective of the course is to translate the test results in significant improvements of the initial conceptual design and to redesign it such that it better meets the original aims of the designers.|
Students will be supervised by two tutors who they will select from the existing teaching staff of IDE.